Washinton - Week 4

Hey everyone! I hope you all had the chance to watch conference this weekend! It was soo good. I'm always sad when it's over! I think it's always interesting to see common themes among the different talks. I think there were a lot of talks this conference that were about the "enduring to the end" part of the gospel. It was all about discipleship and how we can progress and change to be better. So all of the things they talked about--keeping the Sabbath day holy, being more obedient, reading the scriptures more dilligently, etc.--are little things that we can apply more in our lives to draw closer to Heavenly Father. There were so many great talks! Probably one of my favorites was Elder Christofferson's, about why the Lord chooses to use a Church. I think one of the things a lot of people have a hard time understanding is the importance of a church/organized religion. A lot of people think that just being a good person, or being spiritual is good enough. Some of the reasons that he had were so good, like how the church creates a community of people that can support and edify one another, and how the Lord uses a church to accomplish purposes that he can't do with just one person. The Church is a way that we can contribute our talents and efforts to lift others up. The Church helps us live the gospel and come closer to Christ.

Conference was a great way to end the week. We haven't had a super productive week because my companion's had some health issues, but luckily, we were able to find a lot of good potentials that we're planning on going back and visiting.

Hopefully by the end of this week we'll have some more solid investigators that I can write about. I think that's about all I have to say for now! Thanks to everyone who's written me! It's always a highlight of my week. Hope you all have a great week!

Love, Sister Skousen


Post a Comment