Week 13 - ILLUMINATI

It's been a crazy week. I'll start by taking you back to Monday night, after P-Day.

Our Mondays are usually pretty busy. After P-Day ends at 6:00, we go to our YSA Branch Missionary Correlation, and then we go to FHE at our branch president's house afterward. Correlation was cancelled, but we had a lesson with a new investigator at the church instead. It went really good! I'm not sure how interested she is but she was nice and is going to meet with us again. When we went outside after the lesson I was thrilled to see it was SNOWING! It was beautiful! Right after that, we went to FHE, which is where our week got weird.


This picture perfectly captures both of our feelings towards the snow.

We talked to this CRAZY girl who told us all about how serial killers and the Illuminati have been following her around and how she's had visions of the Second Coming and lots of other things like that ... And so everything that happened to us this week, we've blamed on the Illuminati. They're out to get us after talking to that girl!

The first thing that happened was our power steering went out when we were driving home in the snow! It was pretty sketchy but we made it home. We didn't realize anything was wrong with the car until the next day when we tried to take the car out again. We pretty much weren't able to do anything until dinner that night because we had so many issues talking with the mission office and having someone come look at the car. So all week we've been walking around in the cold, but it's been fun!




Then Sister Christensen got the flu on Wednesday night, and was sick all day Thanksgiving. I felt so bad for her. Luckily we were just going to eat with the Lewises (the members we live with), so I just stayed home and studied, watched the Testaments, and talked to the Lewises. The Bishop felt bad for me so he sent his kids over to talk to me haha. Luckily, Sister Christensen was feeling much better the next day.

These past couple of days we've been working hard and doing LOTS of walking to try and make up for the days we were out of commission earlier in the week. We're super excited about the church's new Christmas video, "A Savior is Born," at christmas.lds.org. We have pass along cards that we're going to be passing out for the next few weeks. It's an awesome finding tool. I think people's hearts are softened more at the Christmas season, so we should see a lot of miracles this month.

And the last crazy thing that happened this week was TRANSFER CALLS!!! We found out that Sister Christensen's going to be transferred to Othello and I'm going to be staying here and training a new missionary!! I don't really know how I feel about that ... It's going to be an adventure!

It's an exciting time to be a missionary in the Washington Yakima Mission. I'm never bored!

I hope that you all had a great Thanksgiving! I was reading in Alma the other day and found this scripture that was perfect for the season:

"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen."

It's so true. We have so much to be thankful for--which shows that God really is mindful of every single one of us.

I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas season and pay more attention to His hand in your lives.




QUOTES OF THE WEEK:

Sister Christensen, telling our district leader about someone we found: "We were the leprechauns and he was the pot at the end of our rainbow!"

Our discussion with Nick, an investigator who speaks in metaphors:
"Nick, why do you think Heavenly Father would want us to become like Him?"

"It's like when I have a really cool video game and no friends to play it with ..."

I hope that you all have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Skousen

Post a Comment