WA Week 10 - #Greeniefire

Every week I start these emails and I don't know where to begin! A lot has happened this week, but it's gone by really fast. It feels like I was just writing my last email. But it's been good. It's pretty rainy and cold up here, but I like it.

We've been tracting a lot this week, but it's been pretty successful. We got 4 new investigators! We've seen a lot of miracles.

Wednesday was an awesome day. We got a call from the elders the night before who told us we were going to be getting a new car, so Wednesday we were going to have to walk. Because we were going to be walking all day, we had to change our plans, and it turned out to be divine inspiration.

That morning we prayed for two new investigators. We were tracting a couple streets from where we live, and after we had finished knocking all the doors on the street, we saw that a lady whose house we had already passed had gotten home. We almost walked past it, but we decided we would try her. It ended up being this southern lady who said she'd been saved when she was young, but then she said she hasn't really gone to church lately. We invited her to our church and asked if we could come back and if we could pray with her, which she was really touched by. After we said the prayer, she had tears in her eyes, and I knew that she could feel the Spirit. We're so excited to go back and teach her this week! That day our prayers were answered and we were able to find another investigator at the last door we knocked on, who we're going back to visit tonight.

Another miracle happened last night. We had gone to visit a potential investigator but they weren't home, so we decided to knock on the house next door. The lady who answered was super rude, and Sister Christensen and I were both feeling gloomy afterward. But we prayed that we would know what to do and that we would be able to find a new investigator. Even though neither of us wanted to, we both felt like we should tract a certain set of apartments. We started walking there from our house, and as we were walking there we passed by some condos. Suddenly I felt the overwhelming feeling that we needed to go to those condos. I didn't know why and I didn't know which one we needed to knock on, but we went. We knocked on a couple doors and they weren't interested, but then we knocked on one and a teenage boy opened the door. On the doorstep we normally talk about the Restoration because it's our unique message to the world, but Sister Christensen started talking about the Plan of Salvation, and I was amazed because that's what I was thinking he needed to hear too. We told him that there is a purpose for him in this life, and as we testified to him I could see in his eyes that he could feel the Spirit of what we were telling him. He's who we needed to see that night!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: so much of what we do is influenced by the Spirit. I've realized that we need to stop questioning whether it's a prompting or whether it's just us. It's usually the Spirit. And we don't lose anything by following that impression. Sometimes the Lord just gives us promptings to see if we'll be obedient to them. I'm still working on being more obedient to the promptings of the Spirit, but I've seen that the more I obey those impressions the more I am able to receive direction from the Spirit.

This coming week is going to be busy. Tomorrow we're having interviews with the mission president and on Wednesday our zone will get to go to the temple! We're so excited! Thanks to everyone for the prayers, emails, and letters! They always make my days better.

Love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Sister Skousen

I forgot to take pictures this week and I feel bad not sending any, so here's a picture of us emailing!

And here's a picture of a deer that was following us when we were tracting last night.

Post a Comment