Washington - Week 8



Hey everybody! Hope everyone's had a great week! I'm thinking I got off on my week counting because this Wednesday will be 7 weeks since I've been in the field, but I'm just going to say it's week 8 anyway. :) It has been such a crazy week with a lot of adjusting in the new area. Last week I said that amazing things happened to end the transfer. Another amazing thing happened on my last night in Eastmont Ward! Aldo committed to a date to be baptized! We were sooooooooooooooooooo happy. He has changed so much in the six weeks that we've been working with him. Ending the transfer that way was amazing because it felt like we finally came full circle with Aldo. I really hope that he can keep progressing so I can come to the baptism in a few weeks!

It has been so fun being with Sister Christensen! We have a lot of fun together. We're going to have our work cut out for us though. We cover a family ward as well as a YSA branch. We have one girl in the YSA on date to be baptized in a couple of weeks but she's our only investigator right now, so we're in finding mode again. Luckily we have a big list of potentials and formers that we're going to try and visit so we'll hopefully have more people to teach. I haven't been in the area for very long, but I get the feeling that the family ward isn't as involved with the missionaries as my last ward was. We're going to really try and work on getting them to help us more. Members are SO important in missionary work!

One experience that was really cool was that we've been praying for a family to teach because the ward has a really small primary. On Saturday we had a stake service project, and a lady came up to us out of nowhere and said that she found a new investigator for us. She introduced us to her friend named Crystal, who was just like, "10:00am is a good time for me to meet," and she had little kids running all around her. So our prayer to find a family to teach was answered! We're going to visit her on Thursday! One thing that I've learned on the mission is to be specific in prayers. Instead of just asking for new investigators, if we specifically ask for the amount of investigators we want, a lot of times we'll find what we ask for if we put in the effort.

Well, I feel like I had more stories to share but P-Day brain has been getting to me and I can't think of any! It has been such an exhausting week but I'm so excited to help Castlerock Ward and Wenatchee YSA catch the fire of missionary work. I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Sister Skousen
Look out, Wenatchee!



It's been raining a lot lately, and we were tracting in the rain, hoping people would see how pitiful we looked and let us in, but that didn't happen. We decided to take a picture to see how we looked and we realized that people aren't letting us in because we look terrifying.



Post a Comment