WA Week 19 - Danger Drop Off

Howdy y'all. This morning I dropped Sister Danger off at the church. Tomorrow she'll take a flight back home to Michigan. So she ended up not going home immediately, which is good because we were able to work super hard her last week in the mission.





I'm sad that she's cutting her mission short, but I feel confident that she made the decision that Heavenly Father wanted her to.



This week is transfers! This will be the start of my 4th transfer and I'm already a quarter of the way done with my mission. After this transfer it will be one-third! Ahhh!

It's so funny getting emails from missionaries in other missions who are like, "Yeah, transfers are coming up, but probably nothing will happen ..." You can never say that in the Yakima mission. You never know what to expect! There are always new areas and crazy changes. Luckily for me, this transfer shouldn't be too big of a change. I'm staying and my companion will be a sister named Sister Torman. She just got done training, so I'll still be senior companion. It should be fun! I definitely feel like there's a lot of potential in this area.

One thing I've been thinking a lot about with Sister Danger going home is how much good I've done on my mission so far. I can't even imagine going home now because I feel like my work here isn't complete. But I've realized that I should make every day count, so that at the end of my mission I'll be able to look back and feel like I've done everything Heavenly Father asked me to do. I don't want to finish my mission and say, "There was so much more I should have done." I know that there are people out there in my area who are being prepared to hear the gospel, and it's up to us to be worthy of the Spirit and to follow His guidance so that we can find them. Otherwise the good that I should do on my mission will go undone, at least by me.

I'm thankful to start off this next transfer with that in mind. We're going to see miracles this next transfer, and I'm so excited about it!

I'll talk to you all next week. Thanks for reading!

Love,
Sister Skousen

Post a Comment