WA Week 22 - It's a Slippery Slope

Hey everyone! It's a beautiful day here in Wenatchee! The snow is melting, the sun is shining, and it's the start of an amazing week. Last week it felt like time flew by so fast and we had no time to do anything! Monday was P-Day, Tuesday was exchanges so I went with Hermana Harston and got to practice my Spanish, Wednesday we had an amazing zone conference, Friday was weekly planning,Saturday we had a stake relief society conference, and Sunday we had church! So Thursday was the only full day we had of proselyting, and even then we took up a lot of the day with service at a local nursing home. So it felt like we didn't accomplish very much last week, even though there was a lot of awesome things going on. This week I'm excited that we really don't have as much happening. We did have to take our car into the body shop because the last sisters in the area got in an accident, so we're going to be walking for a few days. I'm pretty excited about that because I always feel much more productive when we're walking! We can talk to everyone on the streets.




I loved zone conference. A few of the north zones got together in Wenatchee and President and Sister Lewis and the AP's came up and talked to us. It was super good.

My mission twin.






Zone conference took up most of the day. We went straight to dinner afterward, which was a crazy experience. Our area covers super pretty mountains with pine forests and a ski resort, and the people that were feeding us dinner live up there. We hadn't been there before, and we had quite the adventure finding their house. We were driving up the road and saw their address with a bunch of mailboxes next to a small, icy road that led up the mountain. We figured they lived up there, so we turned and started driving up. We soon realized that our car would not be able to handle going up there, so we turned around and started down the hill. As we were going down, a mountain man with a snow plow on his truck started driving up toward us. We were at a bit of a stand off for a couple minutes. We hoped he would realize that we physically could NOT make it up the hill and he would have to back down, but he didn't seem to get that. He actually TURNED OFF his car. I had to get out of the car and tell him that he would have to back down the mountain for us. He was like "What are you doing up here without snow tires?!" And then we explained what was happening, and I think he felt bad after he saw who we were, so he backed down. It was so funny hahaha. And that's not the end of it!

We had to park at the bottom of the hill and tried walking up the mountain to try and find their house. (And I forgot to mention that our phone didn't have service.)

I don't really know how I made the face in this picture but I guess it pretty accurately describes what we were feeling.


It was so crazy. We walked by one house and there were dogs that started barking at us. A lady came out to see what was going on, and it ended up being this super nice lady who let us use her phone to call the members and she gave us a ride to where their house was. Their house ended up being at the bottom of the hill close to where we parked our car! Ahhhh ... we were like an hour late. It was quite the adventure. 

So that was the most interesting thing that happened to us this week.

Anyways ...

If you've been reading my emails for awhile, you probably know that I like to include some uplifting message that I've been thinking about. I thought I'd share something that I heard at the stake relief society conference on Saturday. The theme of the conference was "Brightening Our Vision." The stake president said something that I thought was really cool. He talked about faith, hope, and charity, and in the scriptures these three are always connected to each other. Hope is believing, faith is acting, and charity is loving. If we ever find that one of these three is lacking in us, we can act on the other two, and it will cause the one that is lacking to increase. 

I think that is so cool. These three things are attributes that we definitely need to have to be successful missionaries, and I believe that if we're ever struggling with something, working on developing these three attributes will pull us through. There's a reason it's one of the last things Moroni talks about in the Book of Mormon.

So that's my two cents.

Well, I hope y'all have a wonderful week as always. I really appreciate all the support!

See ya next time!

Love,
Sister Skousen

Post a Comment