WA Week 27 - This Mission is On Fire

Hey everyone! 

I don't know where to begin this week's email! It's been another great week here in Sunnyside and I'm loving every minute of it. The weather has been gorgeous, and I'm looking forward to the blossoms that will be blooming in the next few weeks.

A couple highlights from this week were ....


1. Seeing Lezli Finch (my friend from Africa) last P-Day! I'm super bummed that I wasn't able to get a picture with her, but hopefully I'll see her again sometime this transfer.

2. Trainer/Trainee meeting on Tuesday at the mission home.



Sunnyside sistas ...


3. The Ramirez family committing to baptism on Friday! We had an awesome member with us who actually invited them. We couldn't believe it when they said yes! #sunnysideonfire

4. Zone Training Meeting on Saturday. I get so PUMPED at meetings. One of my favorite parts of this ZTM was a training on how we are the ones that own our missions, just like we own our lives. If we are diligent and serve with a sense of urgency, we will always have work and always see miracles. They talked about how many miracles have been happening since the mission has been created. I'm so grateful to be in an area where I can see the results of this. The Lord is truly hastening His work.

"For behold, the field is white already to harvest; and it is the eleventh hour, and the last time that I shall call laborers into my vineyard." D&C 33:3 

5. Church yesterday! We had 10 of our own investigators at church on Sunday! Granted, 6 of those were from one family, but we seriously could not believe it. Last transfer I had a grand total of 0 investigators at church, so this was crazy.

6. Giving a sermon-on-the-mount like discussion to 17 people and 3 dogs last night.

7. Talking to anyone who will listen.

To sum it all up, it's been a pretty fantastic week. Probably the most effective week I've had in my whole mission, and I'm hoping it'll only go up from here.
Thanks for reading, and talk to you next week!
Love,
Sister Skousen

Post a Comment