WA Week 35 - The Golden Biscuit

Hello everyone! I hope y'all are having a great Monday. It's been a great week but has felt super long for some reason. Things are on fire here in the WYM. There's a record amount of people on date for baptism, and we're super excited that Esther is getting baptized this Saturday! She's gone two weeks without smoking after smoking for 30 years. Such a miracle! We were able to find lots of new investigators last week and our fingers are crossed that they'll be solid. The missionaries here call Sunnyside "the Biscuit" because it's like a good biscuit-- golden but flaky. I'm not complaining though! I like biscuits!

This past week was super fun because we had a Latino Night at the church that we've been planning for a long time. The idea was to have an activity for the Spanish branch and English ward to get together to invite their non-member friends to. We did a tour of the church, had authentic food from Mexico and South America, and several of the members performed. It was a lot of fun! I think we had about 30 non-members there.

I have had more Mexican food in the past two months than I've probably had my entire life. It's so funny because I would have never thought a little town in Washington would have so many Hispanics! I feel like I'm in a different country most of the time.
Nacho and Esquilito????
There are so many dogs roaming around! I have grown a strong dislike for chihuahuas ... Sometimes we have third companions walking with us.



I think this one is my favorite!

And Sister Whitlock and I have gotten in touch with our gangsta sides.

We are loving every bit of Sunnyside, and excited for everything that's going on! Thanks so much for all of the love and support. 

I'll talk to you next week!

Love,
Sister Skousen

Post a Comment