WA Week 38 - His Grace is Sufficient

Oh man. I don't even know where to begin this email. So much has happened.

I guess I'll start with Monday.

With the weather being so nice, we had P-Day at a park. It was so nice!





With Sister Whitlock leaving on Friday, the first few days of the week were spent saying goodbye to people and helping her pack. On Friday morning, President and Sister Lewis, her family, and the other missionaries in Sunnyside all met at our apartment to send her off. We were frantic making sure everything was super clean and tidy! I think Sister Whitlock was sad about leaving, but super excited about seeing her family again. She'll head off to the MTC on Wednesday!


Once Sister Whitlock left, I was left to be in a trio with the hermanas, Hermana Garcia and Hermana Parry. We have had a blast! They've been teaching me some more Spanish, and we've been hopping from English lessons to Spanish lessons and found a few cool people! 



All the missionaries were getting pretty anxious for Saturday, because it was the day of transfer calls! For days before transfer calls, I literally prayed morning and night that I would get to stay in Sunnyside for another transfer and get a companion that would work hard. I absolutely love Sunnyside, and there is no other area that I'd rather be in right now, but sometimes the Lord has other plans.

When I was studying yesterday morning, I got a phone call from President Lewis, telling me that I've been called to be a Sister Training Leader in Moses Lake with Sister Hirsche. I was so overwhelmed and mostly sad because I'll have to leave Sunnyside, but I know this is what the Lord needs me to do.

Sunnyside has been the best area. I am so lucky and blessed to have served here for three months and to see so many miracles and to have met so many wonderful people. The missionary mindset and fire that I've felt here will motivate me for the rest of my mission.

As a sister training letter, I'll be going on exchanges with 8 companionships of sisters and mostly just acting as a help and leader for other sister missionaries. I feel pretty humbled by this call. I know that I, myself, have so many weaknesses and mess up ALL the time, but the Lord calls the weak things of the world to accomplish His work. I am definitely a testimony to this.

 "Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.

 For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.

 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."

I am grateful that even though I have so much to work on, the Lord will make me strong where I am weak. Even though I'm so sad to be leaving Sunnyside, I'm excited for the new adventures I'll be able to have in Moses Lake!

Thanks for all of the love and support, and I hope you have a great week!

Love,
Sister Skousen




Post a Comment