WA Week 41 - The Field is White Already

 Hello, everyone! It has been a pretty incredible week. We went on two exchanges, had a few conferences, and in spite all of that, we had some amazing things happen in our area!

I'll start by talking about the conferences!

On Thursday we went up to Wenatchee for a zone conference with my Grandpa's cousin, Elder Daniel L. Johnson. It was great to be back in the motherland, and so much fun seeing all of the missionaries in the northern zones. 
MTC Reunion


The conference was so amazing. Elder Johnson talked a lot about how important our message as missionaries is. So often we take for granted the knowledge that God is literally our Father, with a body of flesh and bone, and that He loves us and wants us to be successful and happy. He also THREW DOWN about how we shouldn't waste our time visiting people who aren't progressing, but focus on finding people who are prepared NOW.

On Friday we had a special MLC with Elder Johnson in Yakima, and then on Saturday and Sunday Elder Johnson was at the Moses Lake Stake Conference.

In spite of all these meetings, we had an amazing week. I honestly don't know how we did it. We taught over 20 lessons and found a lot of people that we've got return appointments with this week. It's seriously only through God's help that we've been able to see this success with everything that we've had going on. It would not be possible without Him.



I also loved being able to go on two exchanges this week. I got to stay in our area both times, which was so good for me to get to know my way around the area a little more.

One of my favorite things about going on exchanges this week was asking sisters questions about why they decided to serve a mission, what they've learned so far, how they've changed, etc. It makes me think about my own answers to those questions!

One thing that I've noticed is that before I came out I was so focused on my own life. I would constantly make plans and decisions based on myself. On the mission, we do everything with other people in mind. Since being out, I've talked to hundreds of people about their own lives, and testified to them about how I KNOW the gospel can help them specifically. I've listened to strangers on the streets, in living rooms, and at doorways tell me about their joys, desires, fears, and struggles. Spending my days focused on other people has been such an amazing blessing for me. I really believe that I've come to feel a small part of the love the Savior feels for us. It's amazing!

This mission has been the best thing, and I am so grateful that I've been able to have this opportunity. And I'm glad I've still got 9 months of miracles left! It's gonna be great.

Stay tuned!

Love,
Sister Skousen

Post a Comment