WA Week 45 - All Good Things

Happy 7/11 everyone! I hope y'all are having a great week.
It's been another crazy one. I feel like each week flies by faster and faster and I'm always in shock that it's already Monday.

This week seemed to go by super fast because of transfers. Monday and Tuesday were full of goodbyes and packing. Wednesday I got SISTER RASMUSSEN!


She's awesome and so much fun. When she volunteered to go dumpster diving for Hermana Oliva on her first night in Moses Lake, I knew that this would be a great transfer.



Friday we went down to Yakima for MLC, which took pretty much all day long.




It was so good. A big focus at MLC was working with members. I definitely needed it, because it's something I've really slacked on. It's so much easier to try and do things ourselves, but working with members is way more effective in the long run. I'm super pumped about all of the ideas to get members more involved. We're going to try focusing on that a lot this transfer.

The rest of the weekend we had a lot of meetings, went to a baptism in Sister Rasmussen's old area, and planned.



We were so dead by the end of it all.

The best thing that happened this past week was that last night one of our investigators randomly texted us a question about baptism. She said, "If and when I get baptized ..." We freaked out! We were like, "Are you thinking about getting baptized?" And she said, "Yeah I am :)"
Ahhhh! It totally made our night. That never happens. Fingers are crossed that everything works out and that she still wants to get baptized when we see her this week.

I am so excited about this transfer. I feel like this new focus on member missionary work is exactly what this area needs, and I love Sister Rasmussen.

Lots of good things are happening here.

I know that there are a lot of crazy things happening in the world right now, and I'm so grateful that I can be apart from that and just focus on the good things. There really is so much good in the world if we take the time to look for it.

I hope that you all have a wonderful week and spend time looking for those good things!

I'll talk to you next week!

Love,
Sister Skousen

Post a Comment