WA Week 50 (!!!!) - Only The Gospel

Holy cow! 50 weeks in the mission field. It's so weird to be coming up on my year mark. The season's getting to be what it was when I came into the field, which really freaks me out. The nights are getting darker faster, which I'm super bummed about. FRUIT SEASON is in full swing.



This was all the fruit people have given us. We've gotten even more since I took this picture! We've been having lots of smoothies and fruit for breakfast. Ain't nothin' like Washington fruit.

This week we finished our last two exchanges for the transfer. We've been in mega finding mode lately. Our area is kind of small so it's been tracted by missionaries so many times. We've been trying to find through less actives, part member families, and member referrals, and we've been slowly finding people. It's been fun working with less actives. We've had lots of less actives coming to church lately!


This is a lady that hadn't been to church in like 30 years, and now she's come like 4 times! This area has really taught me to love working with less actives.

... patiently waiting for the voicemail from President ...

I'M STAYING IN MOSES LAKE WITH SISTER RASMUSSEN!
I was kinda shocked because I've never stayed in an area for three transfers or with a companion for more than one! It's gonna be weird, but I'm excited. 
We're gonna tear this place down.
Something I've been thinking a lot about this week is this quote from President Ezra Taft Benson:
"Only the gospel will save the world from the calamity of its own self-destruction. Only the gospel will unite men of all races and nationalities in peace. Only the gospel will bring joy, happiness, and salvation to the human family."

Before my mission, I studied Global Security and Intelligence Studies, and learned about all of the problems in the world today. I went into that program because I wanted to help fix things. I wanted to find a solution for everything going on. I thought there had to be some kind of strategy or something we could do that would make everything better, but I learned that things going on in the world are way more complicated than any human can fix. 

This quote by President Benson really struck me, because of course THE GOSPEL is the only solution to the things going on in the world today. There's literally nothing that will make things better except for the gospel. There may be temporary fixes, but the gospel is the only solution for everything. I know that there's some ca-raazzy things going on in the world right now and I'm glad I don't have to hear about them too often, but I hope that all you folks in the real world remember that. 

I'm glad that right now I get to be apart of the cause that's going to fix the world.

Thanks for following along on my journey this past year! I'll talk to y'all next week!

Love,
Sister Skousen

Post a Comment