WA Week 51 - A More Excellent Way

Hey everybody! I hope that you all are having a great day!

It was transfer week here, so it was sad saying goodbye to everyone.


We're excited for all of the new missionaries in our zone though! Transfers are always nice because everything always feels new and refreshing again. One thing that has been super sad is that the hermanas that lived with us were doubled out, so we've had our apartment all to ourselves. But then we found out that we're going to move to live with members! We're sad about leaving our super nice apartment (seriously, the nicest missionary apartment ever), but excited to be living with an awesome family!

This week started out kinda slow. We haven't been working with a ton of people, but one thing that's been really cool is that golden people have kind of come out of nowhere. We were teaching a less active sister last week whose grandson was visiting, and we taught the Restoration. We didn't think anything of it really, but the next time we saw her she told us that her grandson was interested in meeting with us and coming to church!

There was also a lady that we had dropped a couple weeks ago because it was impossible to get in with her, who texted us last night and said that she wanted to meet with us again.

I feel like Sister Rasmussen and I have really been figuring out how to do things lately. At the beginning of my mission, if I wanted to find people to teach I would go tracting. I was so focused on the numbers defining my success, and did things the way other missionaries did them because I thought that's what you were supposed to do.

Sister Rasmussen and I have been an awesome team because we're both not afraid to go against the norm.

One thing that I've figured out is that there are so many things missionaries do just because it's what all the other missionaries do, but sometimes those things aren't effective. 

I feel like there is so much more that could be done with our time if we not only work harder, but work smarter. I've found that if we're doing everything we possibly can, Heavenly Father will lead those people He's preparing straight to us. 

When we're working hard, some of the most golden people just find their way to us. It's cool how things work out that way. Man! I hope that I get another chance to train, because I feel like I'm finally starting to figure things out.

Anyways, I hope that you all have a great week, and I'm looking forward to writing about lots of miracles next week!

Love,
Sister Skousen


Post a Comment