WA Week 57 - Back to Yak!

Good morning, everyone! I hope that you all had a great general conference weekend. I loved all the talks, especially Elder Oaks's about missionary work! Everyone knows that missionary work is important, but sometimes we wonder what we can do to be better member missionaries. I loved how Elder Oaks gave solid examples of easy things we can do to be more missionary-minded. No more excuses!
This week has felt really long because of all that's happened. I can't believe that a week ago I was in Moses Lake!

It was super sad saying goodbye to all these incredible people, but I'm thankful for Facebook and modern transportation so that I can stay in touch and visit someday!
The Andersens! Brother Andersen was our ward mission leader.
The McCombs! This is a recent convert family who are preparing to go to the temple next month.
Diego, Ashley, and Anthony! We love them so much.
The crazy Smith kids! These are the members that we lived with.

There's something about being really close to mission headquarters that is really exciting and it seems like there's a greater sense of urgency than other places I've served that were further away.

My companion is Sister Michalek and she's from Missouri. She's so awesome! 


The wards I cover are Randall Park and YSA. And this is super crazy .... but for those of you that don't know, last summer before I came on my mission I went to Africa and met some awesome people named the Finches that were from Yakima. I got my mission call a week after I got home from Africa and when I found out I was going to Yakima, I thought it was so cool that I'd be going to where the Finches lived, but I knew that the odds of seeing them were pretty slim.
Well, it turns out that Brother Finch is actually the branch president of the YSA where I'm serving! So I'm going to see him and Lezli all the time. Such a small world!

I'm so excited for this coming week and getting to know the area a little bit more. If you didn't get the chance to watch general conference, do it! How lucky are we to be able to hear prophets speak? Don't take it for granted!

I hope that you have a great week!

Love,
Sister Skousen

Post a Comment