WA Week 59 - BROKE

Good morning, everyone! It feels like I just barely wrote, so I don't know if I'll have too much to say this week.

One of my big lessons of the week happened when I lost my wallet. I now know what it feels like to lose everything for the gospel's sake haha. #consecrated

For reals though, I literally have some pennies and that's it. Thank goodness for companions, awesome mission office people, and old missionaries that leave weird food in their old apartments!

The good news is that:

 "Your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.

Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient is the day unto the evil thereof." (-3 Nephi 13:32-34)

So it's all good!

On another note, this morning Sister Michalek and I took our car into the shop. Before I got here, the car was involved in a hit and run, so we had to take it in to get the dent fixed. We were thinking that we were going to have to be walking for a few days, but thanks to the BEST mission vehicle coordinator in the world, Elder Thompson, we upgraded to a Chevy Silverado for a couple days! The elders are super jealous.

Another highlight of this week was that I got to go on exchanges with SISTER CHRISTENSEN!!!! We had SO much fun. We took a drive down memory lane the entire 24 hours. I can't believe that it's been a year since we were together! We remember things that happened like it was just yesterday.

AND we got to reenact some old pictures we took.





Aren't the leaves beautiful?! I can't believe it's already that time of year. I'm a little sad about it but it's kind of fun thinking that the holidays are around the corner, and it's so much fun being a missionary over the holidays. The Spirit really works on people this time of year.

I hope that you all have a wonderful week and eat lots of apples for me! 
(They are so good right now.)

Love,
Sister Skousen

Post a Comment