WA Week 60 - When in Washington ...

Last week I didn't send too many pictures, so this week I'm going to make up for it! Hopefully they can all fit. It's been a super crazy week, and I feel like I say that every week but this one was seriously crazy.

First of all, look at what we got to drive the first few days of the week!
"The Silver Bullet"

 It was so much fun. We were super sad when Elder Thompson called us on Wednesday and told us our little Corolla was ready to be picked up from the shop. :( It was super fun while it lasted though.
We also got to have interviews with President and Sister Lewis, who are two of my favorite people on the planet! Sister Lewis is one of the coolest ladies I've ever met. She's such a spiritual powerhouse and whenever we have interviews with her she gives us kind of a one-on-one training about things that she's been thinking about. This time she talked about the Spirit and how it works differently for each of us. I've come to understand more about how the Spirit works on my mission, and I am growing more and more thankful that Heavenly Father has blessed us with such an amazing gift of guidance and comfort.

I also had a really great interview with President. He just gets me. This past week I've had to work on applying for school and thinking about what I want to do with my life after my mission. I hate having to think about that on my mission because I want to just focus on the work, but I know that it's something I have to take care of now. President Lewis gave me a lot of advice and direction, which I'm super grateful for.

This weekend I was also blessed to see a few old friends.
Sister Whitlock came back to visit, and I got to see a couple of other RMs that I worked with when I was in Sunnyside. So many flashbacks this weekend. I love being in a mission where missionaries become such great friends.

On Saturday with the YSA, I got to press apple cider for the first time ever! Before my mission I knew that wherever I was assigned to serve, I wanted to do all of the local things. Since I got called to serve in the apple capital of the world, I feel like pressing cider is one of the most local things I could do. It was so much fun, and the cider is one of the most delicious drinks I've ever tasted!


We pressed 73 gallons of cider! So good.​
As far as the work goes, we have a lady named Lexy in Randall Park who's pretty solid. She's been coming to church pretty consistently, but wants to finish the Book of Mormon before she's baptized. Luckily, she's already in Helaman, so hopefully she'll make up her mind soon!

Maggie, the golden investigator in YSA that I talked about a few weeks ago, is also super awesome, but she's been sick and super busy so we haven't been able to see her lately. Other than that, we don't have anyone super solid, so we're going to get a lot of finding time this week.

I'm super pumped because we got a new ward mission leader in Randall Park who's a young guy that taught in the MTC. He should be great to work with. I've seen ward mission leaders and bishops have a huge influence on the culture of missionary work in wards. I think exciting things are on the horizon.

I love you all and hope you have another fantastic week! Don't let the little things get you down.

Love,
Sister Skousen

Post a Comment