WA Week 61 - Nostalgia

HAPPY HALLOWEEN, EVERYONE! Fall is in full swing here in Yakima. I am IN LOVE with the fall colors and not excited for all the leaves to be falling, so we've been enjoying the views while we can.




It's been a really good week! On P-Day we went with Selah zone to an investigator's place. This guy is so legit. He became a millionaire working at a fish hatchery in Alaska for two years, and then came back and built this crazy underground doomsday shelter that's attached to like 25 of these yurts that people can come and stay in for free. He has enough food for 2 people to survive for 50 years!

So Crazy!
We've knocked on loooootttts of doors this week. I've learned that some areas are better for tracting than others, and this is definitely an area where we've seen some cool things happen tracting. 

The best thing that happened was on Tuesday night. It was at the end of the night and we had just been knocking at some apartments. We were heading back to our car, and we saw a lady in the parking lot walking towards an apartment. We waved to her and said hi. Then we kept walking and Sister Michalek pointed to an apartment ahead on the left and said, "I feel like we need to knock this one." We knocked on the door, and no one answered, so we were about to leave, but then we saw the lady we had just said hi to walking towards us. Apparently that was her apartment. We started talking to her, and soon the lady started crying. We found out her name was Valerie. Valerie had just become a Christian a year ago, and has had some really difficult things happen in her life. She had just said a prayer asking God for help and direction, and when she saw us say hi to her she said that she knew we were going to knock on her door. She took it as a sign from God, and she knew that whatever we had to tell her was the answer to her prayers. We told her about the Book of Mormon and about how Jesus Christ's gospel has been restored. It was so powerful to teach someone who completely opened her heart to the Spirit. 
We are so excited to see where this goes with Valerie!

This week has also been very nostalgic for me. I got to go on exchanges with my old companion, Sister Torman, and then I got to go to one of my FAVORITE PLACES IN THE ENTIRE WORLD ...

SUNNYSIDE, WASHINGTON!!!!

And I got to see Esther!

Being back in Sunnyside, I felt like no time had gone by. I could still remember the streets and where everyone lived, but it was weird because they were teaching different people and there were different missionaries there. It just felt different so it was kinda bittersweet. I was excited to go back to Yakima though. I loved reliving my Sunnyside days but I realized that there really is a time and a season for everything and you can't relive the past. We just have to keep looking forward or we'd feel super depressed. It was a good reminder for me to not take time for granted!

Alright, well it's about time for me to wrap this up because I have to finish college applications. Yuck!

I hope you all have a wonderful week and stay safe tonight!

Love,
Sister Skousen

Post a Comment