WA Week 62 - And Then May We Stand Still

Good morning, everyone! I hope everyone's had a great week. It's been pretty crazy here. 
This transfer has been the fastest transfer of my mission, and on Saturday we got transfer calls!

I found out I'm being transferred!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
JUST KIDDING! I'm staying with Sister Michalek again. Woooo! There actually aren't too many changes happening.

Monday night was Halloween so we had to be in our apartments by 6pm. We carved pumpkins ...


... and Sister Michalek and I put together CDs with our favorite songs that we gave to all the sisters we go on exchanges with. This was our album cover ...


Word's been spreading, and lots of missionaries want it now! Today we have to burn like 10 more CDs.

Tuesday was MLC, and it was one of my favorite MLCs ever!

(Elder King's looking at our CD in the background)


This MLC we had some awesome things happening. We got a sneak preview of the Church's Christmas initiative that's coming out after Thanksgiving. I can't say much about it yet but I'm just gonna say that it's one of my FAVORITE ONES EVER! It's gonna be so good.

A couple of the new policies we talked about is that we can now wear logos on our P-Day/exercise clothes. WOOOOO! I am so pumped about that.

There's also a new policy that every companionship has to tract at least one hour every day except Mondays. I'm super excited. There are a lot of missionaries in the mission that spend their days driving around from potential to potential and end up not talking to anyone all day, and one of the principles for finding people to teach is that we need to talk with everyone. I'm excited that this will make those missionaries get outside of their comfort zones and talk with more people. Our mission is a pretty successful tracting mission, and I'm sure we're going to see a lot of amazing things happen with this policy.


On Thursday I got to go on exchanges with Sister Miller, and I got to see Louie! I taught Louie in Wenatchee almost a year ago, and he ended up moving to Yakima right before he got baptized. It was so good to see him again.

This week we had so many meetings and our time to proselyte was cut really short. I'm hoping this next week will be better.

I also got a chance to VOTE last week! I know you're all probably sick hearing about the election, but I've been thinking a lot about it lately.

I've been thinking a lot about how people these days are so caught up in things that are happening in the world. The internet and the news make us a lot more aware of all of the bad things that are happening-- the riots, the corruption, the violence, etc. ... but the thing I've realized is that even though those things are terrible, we should be more concerned with the things that are happening around us. People know all about what's happening in the White House thousands of miles away, but do they know that their neighbor down the street just had a family member pass away? Do they know that the lady three doors down just found out she's terminally ill? Or that there's a lonely old man around the corner who has no one to talk to?

No! They don't. Knocking on doors I see this all time. People don't know their neighbors. They are so wrapped up in themselves and in their computer screens and they get angry and depressed about huge world problems that are outside of their control. If we all would just take the time to look at our own circles of influence we would be able to see that there are so many things happening that are in our control.

"Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed." -D&C 123:17

I know that if we do the good that we can with what we have, we will be happy no matter what happens in the world. That's one of the greatest promises of the gospel of Jesus Christ!

I love the gospel so much. My testimony of it's reality and power has grown more than I can describe since being a missionary.

I hope that you all will take a look around you and look for ways that you can be the good in your own world, and then stand still and know that God will take care of the rest.

I love you all, and hope you have a great week! This world is a wonderful place!

Love,
Sister Skousen

Post a Comment