WA Week 67 - For God So Loved the World

Something I've been thinking a lot about lately is how grateful I am to know that God is truly our loving Heavenly Father. That principle is the first principle that we teach to people, and I had an experience this week as we were teaching Richard that reminded me of this.
I've mentioned before that Richard has been doing everything that we ask him to do. He's been going to church, reading the scriptures, saying his prayers, and keeping the commandments, but he's still been struggling recognizing his answer. We've been praying and really trying to figure out how we can help him receive an answer, and yesterday after talking with him we figured out one of the big issues.

He believes in God very strongly, but he doubts his own ability to receive an answer because he believes his faith isn't strong enough. Because of that, he thinks that it will take him awhile to get an answer. I felt prompted to tell him that I know that God loves him more than he can comprehend. There are incredible blessings that come from being baptized and I know that God wouldn't withhold those from us because He loves us. He would want us to have them as soon as possible. It's up to us to do our part and open our hearts to Him, because His arms are always extended out to us.

Sometimes I think about what life would be like if that wasn't true-- if God was cruel or indifferent or put us here for His own entertainment. Many people have believed and do believe that. It makes me so happy, comforted, and hopeful to know that God is a perfect, loving, all-powerful Father and that He knows me personally and knows what I can become.

I'm grateful to know that trials I face aren't punishment for things I've done. I know that trials are the result of living in a fallen world, but that they're necessary for me to learn what joy is and to grow. Heavenly Father knew that life would be hard for us, and that's why He's given us so many things to help us through the hard times. All we have to do is to be obedient and we can come out on top of anything.

I love that I can share this with other people!

I've been able to see God's hand in my life a lot this week.

First, we had our mission Christmas party and it was great getting to see everyone!


We also got our first snow of the season, and I got to go on exchanges with my sister, Sister Robalin!

And I got to go on exchanges in Sunnyside again!

On Saturday we got TRANSFER CALLS! Right now we cover a family ward (Randall Park) and a YSA and at the beginning of the year they're going to be meeting at the same time on Sundays, so we had a feeling our area might be changing. We were right!

We found out Sister Michalek will be going to Ellensburg and YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME!!!!

I'm going to be staying and continuing to serve in the YSA, but instead of Randall Park I'll be serving in the Ahtanum Creek ward. I'm sad about leaving Randall Park because I'll have to leave Richard and Lexy. :( But I'm excited to double into a new area with ...

.
.
.
.
.
.
SISTER CHRISTENSEN!


I AM SO PUMPED! We are going to have so much fun.

Exciting things are happening in the WYM!

I hope you all have a great week and see Heavenly Father's hand in your life!

Love,
Sister Skousen


Post a Comment