WA Week 69 - Christmas All Year Long

Hello, everyone! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful day. We had a great week. Mission Christmases are the best!

We worked hard this week, but are still working on finding people! We met a few cool potentials that say we can come back after the holidays are over. I love Christmas-time and sharing the Christmas initiative with people, but people's schedules are one thing I'm not a fan of during the holidays. Hopefully once life calms down for everyone will be able to start meeting with people regularly.

On Christmas Eve and Christmas we weren't supposed to tract, but to focus on doing good and visiting members and people we're teaching. 

For Christmas Eve, Sister C. and I were invited to some members'  house in Zillah for brunch. We got to listen to my cousin Cleon Skousen's talk on the Christmas story on tape! Then we visited a less active member, made treats to take to the other sisters in the area, and had dinner with the stake president. We finished the night out with some Christmas caroling with the other missionaries.

On Christmas day, we woke up, went to Ahtanum Creek ward at 9 (which was only an hour), and then opened presents with the Randall Park sisters!


At 1 we went to sacrament with the YSA. Then we finished delivering treats to the sisters, and got to Skype our families!


I don't know how many of you know this, but my brother's getting married in two weeks, and I got to meet my future sister-in-law yesterday. She's super awesome and I'm so excited for them!

That was most definitely my favorite part of the weekend!

We finished out Christmas eating dinner with members and going Christmas caroling. Most definitely a wonderful weekend!

I have to say, in years past I think December 26th has usually been the saddest day of the year for me, because Christmas is over! I hate how there's so much buildup and I get so excited and then it's over before I know it. This year, though, I had a different take, thanks to an article my Mom sent me called "The Three Levels of Christmas." It talks about how we can make Christmas last all year by focusing not only on baby Jesus, but on the adult Christ, because that's when He became the Savior and performed all those wonderful acts that shaped us and our destinies forever. I love that. I feel like I'm going to try and take all these good feelings and reminders that I've felt over the Christmas season and carry them with me throughout the year.

I hope that you can all take that Christmas spirit with you too and remember what Christ became after the night in the stable all those years ago. I hope you all have a great last week of this holiday break and wonderful last week of 2016!

See ya next year!

Love,
Sister Skousen

Post a Comment