WA Week 70 - GOALS

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

We've had an awesome week. We spent a lot of time tracting and talked to a lot of cool and interesting people. 

A few highlights:

-We got to go on exchanges with the Terrace Heights sisters, which was fun. After 5 transfers as an STL I finally feel like I'm beginning to understand this whole exchange thing!
-Knocked a guy's door who started out yelling at us for trespassing and then felt bad and gave us pants... I love Yakima.
-Got a call from President asking us to prepare a training for MLC tomorrow. We're actually pretty excited about it!
-Had snow DUMP on us on New Year's Day! 
...and then lost our phone in the snow. Whoops! Of course this would happen right after we lost the Silverado and got a Corolla. :( BUT it is super pretty so I'm okay with it. :)

This weekend we weren't supposed to tract after Saturday at noon, so we spent a lot of time with members, which was fun. I have loved getting to know the Ahtanum Creek ward members. This ward definitely has some of the best members I've worked with my whole mission. At Christmastime, even though they barely knew us, they gave us so many gifts! And Sister Christensen found out a few weeks ago that she's gluten free, so our Bishop's wife went and bought her a rice cooker. So awesome!

And now it's 2017, which is going to be a big year!

It's the season of New Year's Resolutions, and I've learned a lot about the importance of setting goals on my mission. I think some people are really motivated by goals and some people don't like setting goals because they feel disappointed if they don't reach them. 

In my opinion, if goals make you feel discouraged they're not good goals, or you're not using them right.

Elder M. Russell Ballard said: 
"I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don’t set goals in our life and learn how to master the techniques of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see that we reached but a small part of our full potential. When one learns to master the principles of setting a goal, he will then be able to make a great difference in the results he attains in this life."

I think that the secret to reaching a goal is in planning how you're going to reach it and holding yourself accountable. 

Here are a few of my goals for 2017:

1. Be a member missionary when I get home, and invite someone to listen to the missionaries.
2. Start and finish the Book of Mormon between General Conferences.
3. Read the New Testament.
4. Volunteer somewhere regularly just because.
5. Talk with everyone!

My plan to accomplish these is to review my progress each Sunday to make sure I'm on track! I hope that you all will take some time soon and figure out who you want to be at the end of the year, and make goals and plans to become that person! I know that this will give you more direction in your lives and make you better people.

Have the best first week of the year ever, and thanks for all the love & support!

Love,
Sister Skousen





Post a Comment