WA Week 75 - Homecoming

Helloooo everyone! It's been a super eventful week here.

The first couple of days were spent saying goodbyes and packing. Super sad. :(

THE FINCHES! This is the lady that I met in Africa. :)
Monday night the YSA had the best FHE. We went bowling, and Sister Christensen got 4 strikes in a row! She's been holding out on me.


Going our separate ways :(
I got to East Wenatchee on Wednesday and Sister Heffernan filled me in on everything. The work in Eastmont has been super slow lately, which is about how it was when I first came into the field, so I'm ready for it! We're a walking area and it's been snowing about every day.

This is how much snow accumulated on my head last night ...

 We've met some really weird people, which has been fun.

On Friday, we went back down to Yakima for Lexy's baptism! It was so good. Lexy's fiance baptized her and then they got married later that day!


Even though I was only in Eastmont for a transfer, I've been surprised at how many people remember me. That's been nice. Walking these streets again has brought back so many memories of people and places. It's been so weird going to church and seeing babies born who weren't here before, hearing about people who've died, seeing new people in new callings ... It's kind of felt like a mini homecoming. It feels good to be back!

Sister Heffernan is awesome! I'm so happy that I have a companion as easygoing, funny, and hardworking as her for my last transfer. I really think some amazing things are going to happen.

My favorite thing that happened this week has to do with Aldo. Aldo was baptized in November 2015.


A couple other sisters and I have been writing him letters but have never gotten any responses back, and whenever we asked people about how he was doing they wouldn't ever tell us very much. When I got to Eastmont, I asked Sister Heffernan about him. She's been here for 6 weeks, and she had never met him before. I looked through old records and I saw that he hadn't been visited since July! I was pretty upset about that. We'd heard that Aldo has been working a lot, so he hasn't been to church in awhile.

Last night, we went to his apartment and knocked on his door. He opened the door and was shocked to see me there. He went inside to get his coat and we stood outside on his doorstep and talked to him for a long time about how he's been doing. Aldo has never had any support from his family since he joined the church, and it's hard for him coming to activities and things by himself. Apparently his wife decided to quit her job to stay home with the kids, so he's had to take a second job. He said that's when things got hard and he stopped going to church, but he really wants to figure out his life and come back to church. He knows that the Church is true. We set up a lesson tonight at the church so that we can help him get back.

I really feel like Aldo is the reason that I came back to Eastmont. Aldo's one of those people that I know I came on my mission for. I know that if I hadn't have come back, the sisters wouldn't have gone by to see him.

I'm excited to figure out the other reasons I'm in Eastmont this transfer!

The Church is true, everyone. If you're questioning, take my word for it. It's 100% true.

As always, thanks for reading! Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Skousen

Post a Comment