WA Week 77 - Every Good Thing

Good morning, everyone! I hope you're all having a great Monday!
The weather has been way nicer this past week. Things are finally starting to melt around here. Hopefully the temperature stays up. I'm so ready for spring!

Things flew by this week. On Tuesday (Valentine's Day ❤) we went to the Olsons for dinner, and they fed us a five course meal! I think it was probably the best meal of my entire mission, and I've eaten some good food these past 18 months.



On Wednesday, we had dinner with a recent convert named Melvina. While we were sharing a thought after dinner, her friend knocked on her door, and Melvina was like, "Hey, do you want to have a study with us?" And the lady was like, "Sure!" We read some scriptures with her, and then asked her if she wanted to learn more. She said yes! The next day we went back to Melvina's where we taught her friend the Restoration and she committed to being baptized! Recent converts are the best. The only problem with this lady is that she's kind of homeless so it's been hard to contact her haha. Hopefully we'll be able to get in touch again this week!

We saw a potential that we met last week named Karen. She remembered our return appointment (which is a good sign, since that happens about 10% of the time), and seemed pretty serious about meeting with us! So that's good news.

Things are finally starting to happen in Eastmont. Our ward council yesterday was the most missionary focused ward council I've been in on my mission. Almost the entire meeting was focused on how the members can be more involved in missionary work.

On another note, one thing that I've been studying a lot lately is the Atonement. Probably the most quoted line in Preach My Gospel  is: 

"As your understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ grows, your desire to share the gospel will increase."

I feel like I've been able to pinpoint the redeeming power of the Atonement in my life, but lately I've been wanting to better understand how the enabling power of the Atonement works in my life. I know that there are obvious moments when I've been able to say, "There is no way I could have done that on my own. That was totally the Atonement." But I've been wanting to recognize the more subtle ways that the Atonement affects my life every day. The Atonement comes into play in our lives when we exercise faith and repent-- in other words, when we are living the gospel. I realized that everything good that has been happening to our area has come because we have been doing what we are supposed to.  I've been noticing that we have been finding people who are receptive to the gospel because we are in exactly the right places at the right times. I know that there is no way that we would have found these people or seen these miracles without God's help. It's been cool recognizing that all of this happens because of the Atonement. Every good thing that happens is because of the Atonement.

This week, pay attention to the moments that you are able to feel the Atonement in your lives. As you do, you will be able to feel greater love for God and for those around you. 

Love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Skousen




Post a Comment