WA Week 79 - Out With a Bang

Good morning, everyone! I hope you're all having a great start to your week. This past week has been so good.

On P-Day, our district took a bus up to Leavenworth, a touristy little Bavarian village.



Can you believe that this is March?!


There are a lot of cool shops, but I got most excited when we went to this next one ...


Yummmm!!!!
We had some pretty amazing things happen this week. I talked a little bit about Karen last time. She's doing really well! She's been reading the Book of Mormon on her own and says that every time she reads it she gets something different out of it. We invited her to be baptized and come to church and they're both things that she wants to do. Yay!

Samantha has an aunt from Cambodia that's visiting so we weren't able to see her last week and we won't be able to see her this week. :( She still seems solid though.

We've also found a few other FAMILIES this week! It's been incredible. I've been praying to find families to teach my whole mission! I've mostly taught individuals, but I've always thought it would be so cool to find a family that could learn about the gospel together.

The first one we found when we were walking down the street and met this guy named Juan outside. He told us that he and his family just moved here from Yakima. They'd met with missionaries before, and he said we could come by his house sometime to talk to his family. We went by Monday night and met his wife, Sophia. She said that Juan told her we'd met him and she let us right in. We taught her the Restoration and she said we could come back! Woo!

Later in the week we tracted into a young mom of two named Alanna who's been looking for a church. She knows some members and said that she has actually always wanted to attend a Mormon church to see what it's like. We're going back to see her on Thursday.

Later that day we met this lady named Shelby from Mesa, Arizona (!!!) who has four kids and has been looking for a church with a good youth program. She has family members who are members and she's always thought they were really good people. We told her about our church services and taught her the Restoration so that she would know what we believe. She was super open minded and seems really interested. We're going back to teach her later this week and she's planning on coming to church this coming Sunday!

Miracles are happening! I've seen this pattern a lot in my mission, where we see miracles after a long, slow period where we just have to keep being diligent and having faith. I think, though, that Heavenly Father's blessing us with work in large part because of the ward members. The members have been so into missionary work lately. All of our ward council meetings and church services have been about missionary work and about how they should be more involved. Yesterday they even put a little insert in our ward bulletin about how the ward's been doing with the Ward Mission Plan. It's incredible to see!

Heavenly Father is blessing us. 


Welp, everyone. This is my last full week as a full-time missionary. It doesn't seem real yet. Words can't even begin to explain what my mission has meant to me. It's not over yet though! I know that this next week is probably going to be the most important week of my mission, so I'm determined to give every last ounce of energy I have. 

I hope that you have a great week! Love you all, and I'll talk to you next week.

Love,
Sister Skousen




Post a Comment